1. No matter where you are at this moment, you should stand and salute Richard and Charlie (and for that matter, all the other racers out here.) To be out here with them, to actually see what they're doing on the bike and in between rides, is phenomenal. Like the old Nike ad says, they Just Do It, over and over and over and over. Amazing.
2. Pretty sure I could have taken out the potential laundry thief, if necessary. Glad it wasn't, though.
3. For the first time in the race, we saw daylight with fewer miles to go (1,403) than we have already covered (1614.) We're going to do this thing!
4. An indispensable crew aid - cargo shorts. Very functional at an event like this.
5. No matter how you personally feel about Wal-Mart, those suckers are everywhere. You've gotta give them that.
6. Race officials have informed us that the Kansas Highway Patrol has been out and around and is very active in handing out tickets for race vehicles not pulling far enough off the road during exchanges. We are forewarned, thus forearmed.
7. Thanks for the questions and comments to the racers. At this point in the race, it is so important, and will be more every day until we finish. The guys are tired and the goal is definitely in sight - to know that you guys are cheering them on goes such a long way. Charlie has specifically asked that we print out the blog today - yes, we brought a portable printer for this purpose - so they can have it read to them during the long, hot, nighttime pulls tonight. Your good wishes will be so important and appreciated. Keep them coming!
8. Speaking of the blog, I ask in advance for your forgiveness for typos, etc., which will undoubtedly increase as my fatigue does. I'm not incoherent yet, but by the end of this thing, I could be slurring my words in print. Thanks for understanding.